Hello! My name is Demetria M. Jackson and I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) within the State of Indiana, specialized in offering secure, online psychotherapy services to adults and couples. I help clients overcome anxiety, stress, trauma, depression, and relationship conflicts.
Professionally, I have worked on the front lines in human services for over 20 years. I have worked with youth, adults, couples, and families in residential, correctional, crisis and outpatient settings. I have also presented at workshops, conferences and trainings on a variety of topics. I believe that I do my best work with individuals and couples that have experienced trauma.
My education not only includes my academic study and training, but also my life experiences. I celebrate as a wife of 20 years and a mother of two amazing children. I bring years of learning and growing through my own personal life challenges and triumphs. All of these experiences have been great teachers that has shaped the person that I am today and enriches the depth, compassion, and authentic connection I attempt to bring to every client relationship.
In my free time, I enjoy spending quality time with family and friends, trying new restaurants, and watching Netflix international films. I am also a lover of the arts! Singing, playing the alto saxophone, acting in community theatre is what I love to do when I can. I also love to learn and continue to attend workshops, trainings, and seminars to increase my capacity to support others on their journey of healing.
With the current challenges and conflict our world is facing, it is more important now, more than ever to transform your mental and emotional health. Prioritizing self-care and living a balanced life is my focus and I invite you to walk with me and do the same!
I bring real-life experiences, formal training, and faith-based values to help you get to a better place in your life. You can feel better, and I can help.
Therapeutic Modalities, Training and Education
- Anger Management
- Christian Counseling
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR General Practioner)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Grief and Loss Therapy
- Marital/Couples Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Gottman Method (Gottman Relationship Checkup Approved Member, Trainings 1&2, and Treating Affairs and Trauma)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Prepare Enrich (Certified Facilitator)
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- 1998: Bachelor of Arts-Psychology (Oral Roberts University)
- 2000: Master of Arts-Counseling Psychology with a concentration in Marriage and Family Therapy (Oral Roberts University)
- Indiana Marriage and Family Therapy License # 35001636A